“Bright on” sounds like a command you’d give to your Alexa to turn on the lights. But in fact, it’s something that can “turn on the lights” of your mouth — it’s a teeth whitening product from SmileDirectClub.
But does it work? That’s the question we’ll tackle in this review.Creative Commons
What Is bright on?
It’s packed full of everything you need for two full whitening treatments, like an LED accelerator light, nine whitening pens, and SmileDirectClub’s proven whitening agent.
Plus, you only have to whiten for one week every six months, so it’s as non-intrusive as possible.
- Three times faster than whitening strips
- Whitening agent is safe for enamel
- Teeth whitening kit with LED light
- Tasty mint flavor
- Gel tubes can crack or dry out
- Results vary and may not work for everyone
How To Use The bright on Whitening Kit?
So what does it look like to use this? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use the bright on whitening kit.
- Before applying, brush your teeth (do not floss)
- Slowly twist the bottom of the bright on whitening pen until the gel squeezes out onto the brush
- Brush the gel onto your top and bottom teeth (fronts only) in a circular movement
- Leave it on your teeth for 5 minutes (it should foam a little bit)
- For faster results, plug in the LED accelerator light to your phone and put the light into your mouth (leave this in for the 5 minutes)
- Remove the light, rinse it in lukewarm water, and let it air dry
- Spit out the excess gel — do not rinse your mouth
- Avoid eating or drinking anything for at least 20 minutes
- Do these steps in the morning and evening for one week every six months
Results vary widely, but SmileDirectClub says you should start to notice whiter teeth after the first week.
How To Buy bright on?
The complete kit, including everything we’ve talked about, is available on SmileDirectClub’s website for just $79.
It’s super convenient how you don’t have to go through a dentist to get your teeth whitened. SDC will send it right to your door.
bright on Users Reviews
To get an ever clearer picture of bright on’s effectiveness, let’s look at some reviews from real customers.
“…So far, I have not had ANY problem with my whitening protocol. By contrast, my teeth would be BARKING after using a whitestrips twice a day for just TWO days. Very happy.” – Anonymous reviewer
“I can’t say for sure that I notice any results yet. Maybe it is super slow acting? I CAN say with certainty that I have absolutely no tooth sensitivity though! I always do. So, it’s worth it to continue trying for whiter teeth!” – Tanessa
“This whitening takes a month to have a decent effect. You have to do the procedure morning and night for about a month. Then, they recommend you do it every three months! Way too much time for me.” – Kelly
bright on FAQ
Still got questions? Here are the most common ones people ask about bright on.
How many uses are in each bright on pen?
Each bright on pen gives you four applications.
What phones work with the LED light?
The LED light works with any phone that has one of these connections:
- Micro USB
- Standard USB
- Lightning (iPhone)
Will whitening cause tooth sensitivity?
It’s possible you may feel some sensitivity, but bright on was specially made to give you a white smile with little to no sensitivity. But if you do start to feel discomfort, discontinue using it for 24 hours.
Should I use bright on while wearing my invisible aligners?
No, you’ll need to apply it directly onto your teeth and you should not re-insert your retainers until after each 5-minute whitening treatment. So your teeth alignment plan will not be affected.
Can I use bright on if I have fillings, bonding, or veneers?
Teeth whitening agents can discolor your teeth if you have bondings or fillings. And bright on, like every other whitener, will not whiten veneers as they are not natural teeth.
Is there an age requirement for bright on?
Do not use bright on if you are under 12 years old.
Can I use bright on if I’m vegan?
Yep! bright on is completely vegan as well as gluten-free, soy-free, and lactose-free.
Can I use bright on if I’m pregnant?
SmileDirectClub recommends women who are pregnant or nursing check with their doctor before beginning any teeth whitening treatment.
What are the ingredients in bright on?
Propylene glycol, hydrogen peroxide, PVP, flavor (mint).
- bright on is a teeth whitening kit from SmileDirectClub, boasting quicker results than whitening strips and ease of use.
- Using bright on for five minutes per treatment twice a day for a week and then every six months gives you an easy opportunity to get a brighter smile.
- The reviews of bright on are overwhelmingly positive, even though the results can vary from patient to patient.